All SRE and other providers listed on Cambs SRE Gateway have to undergo the relevant quality assurance framework, depending on thier delivery area, to check through a Quality Assurance System (QAS) that was specifically developed for this purpose. Providers self-assess their performance with respect to the minimum standards that all providers have to meet, and the full standards that providers should aim to meet, in five quality areas:
- Training & Development: Staff and volunteers working in schools have a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of the subject area and protocols relating to it and the knowledge necessary to provide high quality SRE, and/or healthy relationships and domestic abuse and sexual violence work. Staff (both at the organisation and the school) and volunteers are trained to deal with any disclosure or understand how to support young people if help is needed from another provider.
- Planning & Evaluation: The organisation collects and analyses relevant information appropriately and systematically and uses it to support schools and their own staff to plan and improve SRE, healthy relationships and domestic abuse and sexual violence delivery.
- Safeguarding: The organisation works towards a safe environment and non-discriminatory practice and has policies to this effect in place, trains staff and volunteers on these policies and takes appropriate precautions when recruiting new staff and volunteers
- Delivery Competence: The lead organisation has the necessary experience, resources, and training to create a positive and inclusive learning environment for young people from different backgrounds and with a range of experiences, learning styles and learning needs
- Values: Staff and volunteers are committed to the principle of providing non-judgmental, impartial support and accurate information to young people making decisions about pregnancy and abortion and the principle of anti-discrimination, including on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity
The profile page of each provider listed in the directory contains information on whether the provider has met the minimum or full standard in each of these five quality areas.
The full Quality Assurance System (QAS) framework for providers carrying out SRE work and the indicators used to assess providers can be downloaded here.
The full Quality Assurance System (QAS) framework for providers carrying out work around healthy relationships and the indicators used to assess providers can be downloaded here.
The Quality Assurance System is intended to help schools to make an informed choice when selecting a provider, but it does not replace the usual precautions and procedures of schools when granting access to external visitors. Cambs SRE Gateway does not moderate or verify the information that providers submit under the Quality Assurance System (QAS) or review the evidence that providers indicate they have. Schools can contact providers to see copies of such evidence.
Please also see the Cambs SRE Gateway disclaimer.